Cleaning the toilet is one of the most unpleasant chores that we have to do in order to protect our health en keep our toilet fresh. But who said that you can’t make this chore easier? You really should try the following cheap cleaning agent, instead of investing in expensive cleaning agents full of harsh chemicals.
It doesn’t require much and the benefits of a clean, sanitary, and fresh scented bowl far outweigh the minimal effort this takes. This homemade toilet cleaner will make odors and grime a thing of the past!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 160 g Baking soda
- 60 ml Lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Hydrogen peroxide (3 %, from the pharmacy)
- 15-20 drops of fragrant oil
PREPARE & USE
- Make a mixture between the lemon juice and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Mix the vinegar and hydrogen in separate bowl. Combine the both bowls together and then add the fragrant oil.
- Then you can mix the two together and add the essential oils in the end.
Make half-ball shapes from the mixture and leave them to dry on baking paper, 3- 4 hours will be enough, but if you like you can leave them overnight. In the morning they’ll be completely dry so you can store them in a glass jar and place them near the toilet bowl.
When you feel that the toilet needs some freshening up just throw one in the toilet bowl and flush. It couldn’t be easier. It may take some time to prepare it but you’ll see how effective it is once you try it. It sure is much better than the toxic alternative and it will make your toilet smell fresh and clean for days in a row.